Coastal Network Consortium (CNC) is a “for profit social enterprise”, with the goal of providing cutting edge technology at affordable prices to the people of Western and Central regions of Ghana, regions which hitherto have been minimally impacted upon by the rapid economic and social development influences of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT). Coastal Network Consortium, in strategic partnership with Community Technology Support Ghana, started business in Cape Coast, by providing wireless network for Internet access and supply of Computer and Computer accessories to small businesses, institutions of learning and small Internet cafés. We are currently headquartered in Takoradi with Coastal Internet Café as our flagship establishment in Takoradi.
Coastal Network Consortium benefits greatly from its partnership with its local partners, University, Chamber of Commerce, Small Holder Farmers Associtions and Community Technology Support Ghana for ideas, logistic support to provide excellent and state-of–the-art technology and management services and look forward to establish a good look beyond Ghana to be able to give an efficient service.
An African environment where the contribution of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) impact upon the lives of the continent’s people through our special skills and talents that responds to the educational, business and social needs of our times.
CNC is a “a for profit social enterprise”, with the goal to:
- offer the highest quality ICT related products and services
- contribute, through the use of technology, to the socio-economic development of the communities it serves.
- be a model corporate citizen.
- provide quality and affordable products and services, and to be a technical and social asset to the community, by participating in community programs.
OBJECTIVE OF COASTAL NETWORK CONSORTIUM:
The other objectives of COASTAL NETWORK CONSORTIUM are
- Profit – To generate sufficient profit at a reasonable rate to finance subsequent growth and to achieve social goals of the company.
- Growth – To grow the business at a steady and manageable pace making use of current technology to maximize profits.
- Citizenship – to provide quality and affordable products and services, and to be a technical and social asset to the community, by participating in community programs and donating some percentage of the profit to charity.